Make free PC to PC calls from your computer – yep free calls to other people on Skype and great rates to phones and mobiles across the world. And the sound quality is excellent, too – keep Skype running all day and it’s like you’re in the same room as the person you’re talking to.
- Free PC to PC calls to people anywhere in the world.
- Free video calls – plus get more detail than ever before with High Quality Video.
- Call phones and mobiles at great low rates per minute.
- Instant message for free when it’s not a good time to talk.
- Forward your calls to your mobile when you're offline.
- Send SMS messages to people on mobiles.
- Comes with the Google Toolbar (optional install).
New in this version
Focus on sound quality
Significantly reduced background noise, less delay, fewer call Drops and cut-outs.
Change devices easily
Change your headset, headphones or microphone without having to touch your settings.
Got friends on MySpace? Now you can add people who use MySpaceIM with Skype to your Skype contact list so you've got even more people to talk to. Simply search for them in Skype and click the new MySpaceIM tab in the search results. Plus if you have a MySpace account, link it to your Skype account and share your MySpace profile with your friends.
- System requirements
- PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
- Internet connection (broadband is best, GPRS is not supported for voice calls, and results may vary on a satellite connection).
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
- For voice and video calls we recommend a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
- For High Quality Video calls you will need a high quality video webcam and software, a dual-core processor computer and a fast broadband connection (384 kbps).
Version 18.104.22.168 File size 21 MB. Official release. Release date: November 19, 2008. File name: SkypeSetup.exe
Download Now (21 MB)