CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware.
What's New in CCleaner v2.06
- Added Google Firefox Toolbar history cleaning.
- Winapp.ini is now embedded in the main EXE.
- Added ability to override default embedded INI files with: winsys1.ini, winreg1.ini and winapp1.ini.
- Updated ability to append to default embedded INI files with: winsys2.ini, winreg2.ini and winapp2.ini.
- Updated system info code to support Win2k8.
- Improved IE History cleaning with .DAT files.
- Improved accessibility features of treeview control.
- Removal of version history from About screen.
- Options section checkboxes resized to fit caption text.
- GUI tweaks including Piriform logo change.
- Minor performance improvements.
Publisher's notes about False virus warning in ZoneAlarm
ZoneAlarm is incorrectly detecting CCleaner as a virus. This is a false positive and we're working to resolve the situation. Thank you for understanding.